If you watch my stories at all, you know this meal is the staple of weekday meals in my house. I could ask the kids what they want for dinner, and the answer is usually this, and trust me, I am not complaining, I love it as much as they do, and Steve could eat like 4 of them (he may be the biggest fan of them)..they really are that good and super fast to make.
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 6 slices Swiss cheese 6 slices ham
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- 1 ounce plain pork rinds (6 to 8 large pork rinds)
- 2/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a medium-sized baking dish with parchment paper.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Place on a cutting board and cover with a piece of parchment paper. Use a kitchen mallet to pound the chicken to a thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Top each chicken breast with one slice each of Swiss cheese and ham. Roll each breast so that the cheese and ham are locked inside the chicken. Secure with a toothpick to prevent the chicken from unrolling.
- Make the breading: In a zip-top plastic bag, combine the pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Crush and shake until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Transfer the “breading” to a bowl and set aside.
- Place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted.
- Dip the chicken rolls, one at a time, into the butter and coat evenly. Place the butter-coated chicken rolls in the breading bowl and coat evenly. Place the breaded chicken rolls in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Place the chicken on a plate and spoon the drippings from the baking dish over the top before serving.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
CALORIES: 373 | FAT: 22.8 g | PROTEIN: 39 g | TOTAL CARBS: 2.3 g | NET CARBS: 2.3 g