Anytime you tried to feed me spinach as a kid, I would probably just stare, try it, make a face, and painfully finish my portion. Now…I am the biggest spinach fan! Weird how time can change your taste buds..or maybe it just an adult thing. Who knows? But after becoming a spinach lover, I always liked to try and make different types of dishes with it. I mean of course you can make a salad, but what else? This creamed spinach is always like a spinach and artichoke dip, but well without the artichokes. It is just real good, and makes the perfect side dish to any meal.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 9 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1?2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine the butter and garlic. Sauté, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the spinach and cream cheese and use a spatula to combine.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and cream. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute to reduce a bit.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Made this last night and my hubby asked if I got this dish at a restaurant and heated it up. haha
This is ABSOLUTELY wonderful!!! I had a can of Hearts of Palm, so I chopped them up and added with garlic! OMG🙌🏼