Say that 10 times fast! SALAD SALSA, SALAD SALSA, SALAD SALSA…..ok, wasn’t as funny as I thought. Anyhow this is something I started making a few years back and there are so many variations. Basically, I take all my salad ingredients and marinate them and then add to my lettuce of choice before serving. I find it really lets all those flavors come together and to be quite honest, the toppings are all I end up eating anyway. Am I right? Isn’t there always a pile of lettuce at the bottom of your bowl? Here’s one of many favorites and it’s pretty good by itself too.
I don’t know about you, but I CRAVE salad all summer long. So, add this one to your line up. Great for a crowd too.
- 1 english cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 large basket/container of multicolored cherry tomatoes, havled
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt + cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar, if you like you can use regular balsamic vinegar
- 1 Haas avocado, cubed
- Toss together in a bowl, cover and refridgerate for a few hours – up to overnight.
- Allowing the tomatoes and cucumbers to take on the flavors.
- When ready to serve, simply plate each bowl with your lettuce of choice and spoon marinated Salad Salsa on top.
- Add some really great bakery croutons and you got yourself a really refreshing yummy salad.
Landyn, love, love, love this salad!! I made it for a barbecue with friends last week and everyone raved about it!! Thanks so much for sharing and making me look fabulous 🙂