Ahhhhhh, the long awaited Chicken Tender recipe. Here she is, in all her glory. Seriously… this is my kids FAVORITE thing I make. Adults too. I mean, who doesn’t love chicken tenders? And like I said, not just for kids. These crispy delicious strips are perfect for toping a salad, making chicken parmesan and just when you need a quick weeknight dinner idea. Make them once and I guarantee they’ll be on your menu quite often!
- 12 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins (about 2 packages)
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Olive oil for pan frying
- Set out 3 bowls of equal size on your counter. Fill one with flour + onion powder + garlic powder and salt & pepper to taste, mix well.
- Add eggs to second bowl and beat together.
- In the third bowl mix panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Take chicken tenderloin and cover with flour, then dip in egg on both sides and cover with panko, using your fingers to make sure every part of chicken is covered.
- Set aside on a plate and repeat steps with each piece of chicken.
- Once all the chicken is coated by steps above, heat a large skillet to med-high heat and add olive oil, covering a majority of the bottom of pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pan fry breaded chicken for about 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. chicken will be raw in the middle
- Transfer chicken to parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the tenders for 20-25 minutes, or until done.
- Makes 4 servings, that’s 3 tenders each. Or 3 servings, that’s 4 tenders each. I’m thinking they’ll want more. Basically…. make a bunch. Ha!
MY KITCHEN MUST HAVES
Has anyone tried to air fry these bad boys?!