This dish is a Christmas tradition for my family for as long as I can remember. We usually will make this for Christmas morning for after we open gifts, we like to chow down and this breakfast casserole is the best. It has all of our favorite breakfast foods..I am talking bacon, cheese, eggs..all in one, and makes everyone in the house happy..I mean happier because well who isn’t their most joyful self on Christmas morning?!
- 7-9 slices of crusty bread, again I like sourdough
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- S & P to taste
- 12 slices of thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Whisk together eggs + milk + dry mustard + S & P.
- Toss together bread cubes + bacon + cheese. Spread into a greased 9X13 baking dish.
- Pour egg mixture over top.
- Cover with Saran wrap and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, bake uncovered at 350° for 45 minutes to 1 hour.