Another Christmas morning tradition in my household is this incredible French Toast Bake…I mean talk about sweet and gooey…this bake is the answer to all of my french toast dreams. I have always loved good french toast, but this bake adds some more flavors, and makes our Christmas even better..because well Santa gets the cookies and milk, but we get the French Toast, and I am VERY ok with that.
- 1 large loaf of crusty bread (I like using sourdough)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbs pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Rough chop loaf of bread into cubes and place evenly into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs + milk + cream + sugar and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread.
- Cover your dish with saran wrap and refridgerate over night.
- In a small bowl mix together flour + brown sugar + salt and cinnamon.
- Cut butter into sugar and flour mix until crumbly. You can do this morning of, but I do night before and place in ziploc bag until morning.
- Take baking dish + sugar mix out of the refridgerater in morning. Sprinkle topping evenly over bread.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 45 minutes to 1 hour.