If you’re a LEMON LOVER like me, than this dish is for you. Even if your not, you must give this easy one pot meal a try this summer. Most of my recipes are off the cuff. Often times when I have too much of one item. And on this particular day it was lemons. Lot’s of lemons, and I happened to be drinking wine too. So here it is and it was DELICIOUS. My daughter licked her bowl clean and my son asked to have it again, and he’s a picky eater. So when Luke says it’s good….it’s DAMN GOOD!
- 2 packs chicken thighs, skin on + bone in
- Juice of 5 lemons
- 3/4 cup white wine
- Pinch of fresh parsley or dehydrated
- Garlic paste, in the squeeze tube or 4-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Rinse and pat dry chicken thighs. Leave skin on.
- Sprinkle with salt + pepper.
- Heat your cast iron skillet to med/ high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil of your choice.
- Once oil is hot, place chicken thighs, skin side down and brown for 2-3 mins.
- Turn off the heat.
- Remove chicken from cast iron pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, squeeze the juice of 5 lemons. Add wine, garlic and parsley. Whisk together.
- Place chicken back in cast iron, pour lemon + wine mixture all over the top. Nestle already squeezed lemon halves in between chicken for color and flavor.
- Put cast iron skillet into a 375 degree oven and cook uncovered for 25 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.