If you’re a LEMON LOVER like me, than this dish is for you. Even if your not, you must give this easy one pot meal a try this summer. Most of my recipes are off the cuff. Often times when I have too much of one item. And on this particular day it was lemons. Lot’s of lemons, and I happened to be drinking wine too. So here it is and it was DELICIOUS. My daughter licked her bowl clean and my son asked to have it again, and he’s a picky eater. So when Luke says it’s good….it’s DAMN GOOD!
- 2 packs chicken thighs, skin on + bone in
- Juice of 5 lemons
- 3/4 cup white wine
- Pinch of fresh parsley or dehydrated
- Garlic paste, in the squeeze tube or 4-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Rinse and pat dry chicken thighs. Leave skin on.
- Sprinkle with salt + pepper.
- Heat your cast iron skillet to med/ high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil of your choice.
- Once oil is hot, place chicken thighs, skin side down and brown for 2-3 mins.
- Turn off the heat.
- Remove chicken from cast iron pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, squeeze the juice of 5 lemons. Add wine, garlic and parsley. Whisk together.
- Place chicken back in cast iron, pour lemon + wine mixture all over the top. Nestle already squeezed lemon halves in between chicken for color and flavor.
- Put cast iron skillet into a 375 degree oven and cook uncovered for 25 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
Can you use any other chicken? Not a thigh fan.. 😉
Of course! We like chicken on the bone for juiciness!
Can I use chicken breasts ?? My hubby Refuses to eat dark meat. Have you ever tried it with the breasts?
I’m sure breasts would be just as tasty! Xx
Do you think it could work in a Le Creuset pan? My cast iron skillet is so small.
Landyn, I just made your Cast Iron Lemon Chicken and it was DELICIOUS! I’m going to make it again this weekend for my parents. Thank you 😊
Love to hear this!! Thank YOU! ❤️
What do you serve as a side dish with the chicken?
You could do our new favorite Miracle Noodles, brown rice or even a simple side salad! Xx
What size is your cast iron skillet? Larger than 12”?
It’s the 12″!
What size cast iron skillet? And how many chicken thighs in pounds?
The skillet is 12″! I’d say around 2 pounds in thighs.
I don’t have white wine on hand today. What can I use instead?
Lululemon. Here’s the link! https://shopstyle.it/l/bmh4S
This chicken was amazing!! Everyone loved it. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
This makes me SO happy! So glad everyone loved it!