Even though it is FREEZING here in Nashville, I am doing my very best to do anything that brings a little bit of spring fever into our home right about now. Avocado is the best in every season, but this light avocado chicken salad is perfect for a great meal or on the go lunch, and brings a little bit of that spring fresh dish to the table!
It is so summery and refreshing. I just love the creaminess of the avocado that replaces the typical mayonnaise. If you love avocados, you’ll LOVE this!
- 2 cups of chicken, diced (use a rotisserie chicken to save time)
- 2 Hass Avocados, scooped + cubed
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup Fage plain greek yogurt
- dash of red pepper flakes
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, cover and chill for 30 minutes. Allowing all those flavors to blend. Serve in a bowl by itself, on crackers, with blue corn chips or scoop it on a salad.