Let me tell you guys, this recipe is famous in our household. I grew up with this dish at every family function and to this day, someone’s always fighting over the last piece! I know it may sound like a crazy combination, but there’s just something about those three layers coming together all in one bite… the buttery pretzel crust, smooth and creamy center and refreshing raspberries to top it all off!
Hope you guys enjoy!
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 container of cool whip
- 1 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 boxes raspberry jello
- Crushed pretzels
- Frozen raspberries
- 2 cups boiling water
- Begin with cream cheese at room temperature and blend with cool whip.
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Use a 9 x 13 pan and crush pretzels in zip lock bag and place crushed pretzel into the bottom of pan.
- Melt butter, add sugar and pour over pretzels and bake for 10 minutes. Remove pan and allow to cool.
- Spread cheese and cool whip mixture over baked pretzels. Be careful to spread and seal all edges so that your jello doesn't seep down to your pretzels. Wet your knife with warm water to help spread the cheese mixture.
- Bring your 2 cups of water to a boil. Pour in your jello and add frozen raspberries into the boiling water, remove from heat.
- Pour over cream cheese/cool whip mixture.
- Carefully place into refrigerator and allow to chill for several hours.
- Serve with a meal.