Susanna, our amazing Store Manager shared this delicious Sausage Balls recipe with us and let me tell you – you HAVE to try it 😍 It is the perfect shareable appetizer that is always a hit! This is what Susanna had to say about her yummy sausage balls: Sausage balls are a family staple for every event on both sides of my family. It’s an easy app to bring because you can make a big batch and it is simple to reheat if needed! I love it because it can quickly become a little healthier by swapping the traditional bisquick for almond flour. They are always the first side to go, even with the ingredient swap, which makes me so happy!
- 1/2 lb Tennessee Pride breakfast sausage mild
- 1/2 lb Tennessee Pride breakfast sausage hot
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese - finely shredded
- 1 egg
- Yellow mustard
- Avocado oil mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400
- Use non stick aluminum foil and lightly spray with avocado oil spray
- Mix all ingredients in bowl until they are evenly mixed
- Form in small balls (about a marshmallow size) and align on foil with space in between
- Cook for 13 minutes - flip - then cook another 7-11 minutes or until crispy on the outside
- For the dipping sauce use an equal amount of yellow mustard and avocado oil mayo
- Mix together and dip!
Do you cook the sausage first? Or form into balls with raw sausage?
Form into balls with raw sausage first 🙌🏼
3-2-1 sausage ball recipe
3 cups flour/bisquick
2 cups shredded cheddar
1 lb sausage hot jimmy dean
Mix altogether and form into balls
Bake at 400 for 14 minutes
From the kitchen of Peggy
Love the 3-2-1 name! … I always forget the ratio when making these. Thanks for sharing. Crowd pleaser for sure. Been making them since I was young; an oldie but goodie 🙂
Add a brick of cream cheese. It’s 🤤😋😍
YUM such a great idea!