Butter is fun to make. It’s something I learned from my mama. That Belinda, she sure was fun to grow up with. Constantly entertaining and I was constantly watching. It seems she was always taking everything up a notch. Why serve plain water when you can put cucumbers and mint in it. Or why have a plain store bought cake, when you can add fresh flowers to the top. Same goes with butter. And here we are…. she always had fun with this one and there are endless possibilities. In taking a page from Belinda’s book, here’s a delicious summer butter. I used one of my favorite Spiceology seasonings, added some fresh lime juice, fresh herbs and came up with one that will be in rotation this summer. Try it on grilled corn, veggies, warm corn bread….
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Chili Margarita seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- juice of a 1/2 lime
- Soften butter and whip with a hand mixer.
- Add seasoning, lime juice, cilantro and kosher salt and whip for another minute.
- Transfer butter to a piece of parchment paper, form butter into a log and wrap it well.
- Chill for 2 hours before cutting or serving.