This recipe is TO DIE FOR. It’s light, it’s fresh, it’s a little bit creamy. We love shirataki noodles, especially the brand Miracle Noodle, for a traditional pasta replacement. Half the carbs and gluten free! We used the fettuccine style here, but they also have Miracle Rice and Spinach Noodles, etc. Check your grocery store near the pasta or you can find them on Amazon here. The key to preparing them is to rinse them really well with cold water in a colander and drain. I’ll be honest, they don’t smell great out of the package, but this helps. Then I toss in a pan on medium-high heat to dry them out before adding any other ingredients.
I’m telling you, this is so easy and delicious. TRY IT! We served this with salmon baked with a mixture of feta cheese, cream cheese, defrosted frozen spinach on top. Enjoy!
- 2 bags of Shirataki noodles (I like Miracle Noodles)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon and lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or fresh herbs
- Rinse noodles in colander with cold water and drain
- Toss in sauté pan on medium-high heat to dry them out
- In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper, minced garlic and lemon juice then add to noodles
- Mix in cream cheese and stir all ingredients together
- Top with herbs and serve
This looks amazing…but question…when you said half the carbs, did you really mean “barely any carbs” because my Keto self could get behind that. I don’t think Miracle Noodles have any carbs? And that sounds like a WIN to me!!
Haha, yes!! They are amazing!
Just made these tonight for my husband and I! Absolutely amazing. Now I want to find other ways to season them and dress them up.
Same! So many possibilities! Xx