- 1 8oz block of cream cheese
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream (you will use less of this, but I like to have this size on hand to adjust the thickness of the sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 3-6 oz of premium grated parmesan cheese (reserve some for garnish )
- salt to taste
- fresh parsley as garnish
- Fill a large stock with water and bring to a boil. Once water is rapidly boiling- add pasta and follow box cooking instructions.
- Meanwhile in sauce pan on low/medium heat add 8 oz block of cream cheese & 6 oz of heavy cream. using a whisk, start to mash down the cream cheese while mixing the heavy cream at the same time.
- add garlic powder, onion powder salt and pepper continue stirring. Add 3-4 oz of parmesan cheese and continue stirring.
- as you incorporate everything together you may need to add a little more cream to get the desired consistency. * if you add too much heavy cream, you may need to add a little more cream cheese to achieve the perfect creamy consistency. this recipe really only involves these two ingredients, don’t worry if you need to add a little more of either one.
- The sauce will gradually start to thicken, continue to stir on low/ medium heat, being careful not to scold the sauce.
- Once desired consistency is reached, turn off the burner and set aside.
- once pasta is finished cooking drain and return to large stock pot. pour sauce over top and gently mix pasta with cream sauce. At this step, I like to add a little more cracked pepper and Parmesan cheese. I mean, why not!?
- place each serving in a bowl and top with a little more parm cheese & chopped fresh parsley.
- this is a family favorite and after you make it a few times, you’ll get the hang of it and you’ll be able to whipping it up without measuring.