Hey friends! You know how OBSESSED I am about my yard + garden, right? It really is the most one of the most rewarding things Steve and I have ever done. There’s just something about planting a seed and watching it grow. This is why I was thrilled to do this episode with Arianna Iappini, a garden coach and the owner of The Birch Arbor Gardens.
We were connected through my friend MaryJo at Port2Palm and I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed recording this podcast. She taught me so many things! I seriously could have gone on and on!
Arianna has deep experience nurturing and cultivating land and knows what it takes to get our food from seed to table. From sowing seed to handling plant maintenance through each season to harvesting, cleaning and prepping produce.
This enlightening episode digs into:
- The top 3 things someone should know when they start a garden.
- How to deal with pests and protect your space.
- The benefits of growing flowers and veggies together.
- Tips for tricky tomatoes—pruning, watering and what about the suckers?
- Chickens + why they are an amazing addition to your home. THE BEST.
Love you. Mean it.
Favorite things to grow
- Nesturgeons (edible flowers)
- Sweet peas
- African blue basil
- Herbs + leafy green are quick to grow and harvest
- Tomatoes. Prune and water! Shoot for approx 5 gallons of water each week.
- Great place for online plants: Annie’s Annuals & Perennials
- Get a compost tumbler or ask your local nursery about compost tea. She loves this compost.
- Order ladybugs to release and prevent pests here.