- 1-2 dozen Oysters * we used a variety of oysters from Hama Hama*
- 4 tbs butter
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced leeks, the bulb part
- 8 oz seafood stock
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3-4 lemons, halved + ends cut off
- 1 loaf of crusty french bread
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- olive oil for drizzle
- Place dutch on grill top at high heat or directly over fire.
- Add butter, leeks, shallots, garlic and salt + pepper.
- Cook that down for about 5-7 minutes, stirring often. You want everything to cook down and become translucent.
- Then add white wine and bring to a boil for about 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut lemons. First cut ends off so they lay flat and then in half again to create thick slices. Using the lemons as “risers” and place them on top of wine & satueed mixture.
- Add stock to cover 2/3 of lemons.
- Set raw oysters evenly on bed of lemons. I’d say about 10 per batch, depending on size.
- Cover and steam for 7 minutes or until oysters open.
- Do not eat any oysters that don’t open. That means they’re bad
- The broth is so DANG good you’ll want to sop it up with some bread. TRUST ME. We just slice it on a bias and place on the grill till it gets nice and toasty, it doesn’t take long, so watch it closely. Maybe 1-2 minutes tops. Drizzle bread with olive oil and dip away!
If you’ve been following along on stories then you have witnessed the magic of the OFYR grill by Weston Table – I mean we are OBSESSED. Steve can’t keep his eyes off of it, I might be getting a little worried. KIDDING. This past Saturday, Steve and I came up with these grilled lemon oysters on the fly and they turned out SO good. Don’t forget, they’re having a KILLER giveaway and you guys are doing awesome on the entries, all the details below.
1 OFYR Classic 100 Grill. The winner may choose which color they prefer (Corten or Black)
1 Staub Cast Iron Cookware Package curated for the OFYR including an Oval Fish Pan, 7.5” Round Gratin, Rectangular Tray, 4 Quart Round Cocotte, and 13” Double Handled Fry Pan
1 Tournant eCookbook Farm to Fire Cooking with the Seasons
1 Snake River Farms 6-Month American Wagyu Beef Subscription Box (delivered every other month for one year)
1 The Lobster Shop 6-Month Lobster & Assorted Seafood Subscription Box (delivered every other month for one year)
1 Hama Hama 6-Month Oysters Subscription Box (delivered every other month for one year)
Tag three friends you would like to gather with (at a safe social distance) around the OFYR in the comments section of this instagram post.
Click here to enter to win