I got this Hortarecipe from Bill Darsiono’s owner of Greko Street Food in Nashville. He’s from Greece and said this is the reason that Greek people are so healthy & live longer 😉
Basically it’s boiled greens and can be any combo of: Dandelion, kale, swiss chard, collard greens etc, plus large leafy green.
- 8 lbs of greens - we used collard greens, dandelion greens and red chard
- wash greens
- cut out spines on leaves (especially the collards- those can be tough) other wise trim stems.
- Boil greens in well salted water for 2-3 minutes or untii tender, but slightly firm.
- drain and place on a try to dry out and can be blotted with paper towels to soak up excess moisture.
- Let cool and they chomp into bite sized pieces.
- Cover and refrigerate
- just before serving drizzle with a good finishing olive oil, squeeze with fresh lemon juice and flaky salt.