Scallop fan? Can’t get enough crab? Lemon on everything? If you answered yes to any or all of these, you’ll need to give this dish a try. Created because one day scallops were on sale at Whole Foods, not to mention we were fresh off our trip from Italy. It’s light, yet so flavorful and really reminded us of sitting along the Amalfi coast this summer. Pretty easy to put together, so don’t be intimidated by it’s fancy looking presentation… that’s just some lemon zest and fresh herbs. You got this! Pour yourself a Pinot Grigio and get cooking.
- 1 lb large sea scallops, rinsed
- 12 oz. fresh lump crab meat, drained
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp. fresh sage
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 cups white wine
- 2 lemons (one for juice, other for zest and garnish)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Pasta of choice
- Bing a large pot of water to a boil. Then cook pasta according to package.
- Season scallops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan over high heat.
- Add in the scallops and turn the heat down to medium.
- Add in the 1 tablespoon of butter. This will help brown and season scallops, giving a little crust.
- Turn the scallops over after 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Cook the scallops an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the scallops and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and cook for another 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add remaining butter, garlic, fresh chopped herbs, juice of one lemon.
- Gently toss in lump crab meat, heat through about 3-5 minutes.
- Add zest of one lemon, gently toss and serve over your favorite pasta- making sure to spoon butter sauce over top.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and lemon slice.
Assuming the Parmesan cheese amount is 1/4 cup? It just says 1/4 Parm cheese. 🤷🏻♀️😉😂🙌🏻
uh oh! YES! Thanks for the catch !
I think I’m going to try this with lime and see how it turns out
Mine turned out great with lime
What type of white wine would you recommend?