The Landing Inspired Avocado Toast – I mean this thing was so good in the Bahamas that I had to bring it back home. Who needs a shirt? Give me a recipe, and I am ready. I usually get this with a side of Ricotta pancakes of course.
Sadly, I can’t duplicate their homemade bread, so I try and get Artistan or something with a crusty edge from the bakery and go from there…
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1 loaf of Artisan/some type of crusty bread
- 1 Lemon-want tablespoon of zest and half a tablespoon of fresh juice from the lemon
- 1 avocado
- 1 cucumber
- Fresh arugula
- Cracked pepper
- Olive Oil
- Soft Egg
- Mix the tablespoon of lemon zest, the tablespoon of of lemon juice, and the 8 oz cream cheese with a hand mixer blend on medium speed
- Slice your artisan bread (about 1 inch thickness)
- Spread a nice healthy layer of lemon cream cheese over your bread slice
- Slice cucumber (skin on or off is preference)- helpful Landy hint: I love the English cucumbers because they don't have skin so you don't burp. Life hack people...gotta have em.
- Seed your avocado, then slice length-wise down the avocado (you want to get long pieces to put on top).
- Cook your egg however you prefer. The Landing does a poached egg, but if you rather soft, that works too.
- Once you have your cucumber and avocado sliced, place them on top of the cream cheese. No certain way, just however you prefer and how much you prefer.
- Zest some more lemon over the top of the toast
- Place the arugula on top and add cracked pepper
- After your egg is cooked, place it on the top of the toast and add some olive oil, and dash more cracked pepper and kosher salt
SHOP THE POST
When and where do you add the lemon juice? Can’t wait to make this!
Thank you for asking this, just went and added that! It is also in Step 1, so when you add the lemon zest to the cream cheese, you will also add the lemon juice!
Sooo good! Had for lunch yesterday & was full til bed!
Yes girl, I am so glad you are loving it!
This looks sooooo good! Thanks for posting the recipe!
Of course! I hope you enjoy it!
Oh my goodness! I just made this for my lunch and it was delicious! My hubby tried it and loved it, too! Thanks so much for figuring this out and sharing it with us! You’re the best!
Of course girl! I had to bring it home with me. I was way too obsessed with it, and since I sadly can’t go to the Bahamas every morning (BUMMER), I knew I had to bring it back with me ha! So glad you loved it as much as I do!
This is incredibly delicious! Thank you!
Of course! Enjoy it!
I tried this recipe this morning and fed it to my two 16 year old boys and they LOVED it. I used whole grain bread and whipped cream cheese (therefore no need to bring out the mixer!)
Good thinking! Happy it was a hit. Thanks for sharing.