The Landing Inspired Avocado Toast – I mean this thing was so good in the Bahamas that I had to bring it back home. Who needs a shirt? Give me a recipe, and I am ready. I usually get this with a side of Ricotta pancakes of course.
Sadly, I can’t duplicate their homemade bread, so I try and get Artistan or something with a crusty edge from the bakery and go from there…
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1 loaf of Artisan/some type of crusty bread
- 1 Lemon-want tablespoon of zest and half a tablespoon of fresh juice from the lemon
- 1 avocado
- 1 cucumber
- Fresh arugula
- Cracked pepper
- Olive Oil
- Soft Egg
- Mix the tablespoon of lemon zest, the tablespoon of of lemon juice, and the 8 oz cream cheese with a hand mixer blend on medium speed
- Slice your artisan bread (about 1 inch thickness)
- Spread a nice healthy layer of lemon cream cheese over your bread slice
- Slice cucumber (skin on or off is preference)- helpful Landy hint: I love the English cucumbers because they don't have skin so you don't burp. Life hack people...gotta have em.
- Seed your avocado, then slice length-wise down the avocado (you want to get long pieces to put on top).
- Cook your egg however you prefer. The Landing does a poached egg, but if you rather soft, that works too.
- Once you have your cucumber and avocado sliced, place them on top of the cream cheese. No certain way, just however you prefer and how much you prefer.
- Zest some more lemon over the top of the toast
- Place the arugula on top and add cracked pepper
- After your egg is cooked, place it on the top of the toast and add some olive oil, and dash more cracked pepper and kosher salt
SHOP THE POST