This recipe SCREAMS summer. It’s fresh + chilled and all the Mexican flavors that we love. The perfect blend of crisp corn and creamy cojita cheese. It goes so well with fish tacos!
- Kosher salt
- 3 ears of corn on the cob, shucked and rinsed
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, chopped
- Ground black pepper
- 1 package of Israel couscous, cooked according to directions
- 1/2 cup of crumbled cojita cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 limes
- Bring large pot of water to a boil
- Add corn. Turn off the heat and cover for five minutes. Meanwhile, place ice and water in a medium sized bowl.
- Remove the corn and put into ice baths. Remove one cooled, using the dame pot of water, add snap peas and cook for two minutes.
- Make another ice bath and repeat for snap peas.
- Cut corn off the cob. Place in bowl. Chop snap peas and place in bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine apple cider vinegar, 2 tbs of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, zest of 1 lime and the juice of 2 limes.
- Toss together couscous, cojits cheese, chili powder cilantro, corn, sugar snap peas and dressing, Garnish with cilantro.
- May be served at room temperature or chilled.