Where do I even start! YOU GUYS…. bacon & sugar. It’s basically the best of both worlds. And then he went a put it on a stick. It reminds me of our Minnesota days at the State Fair. What a dream. While we were camping, Mr. (my precious father -in-law) came around the corner with this incredible combination and let me just say WOW. We couldn’t get enough, so he made more. HA! I said, “where have you been keeping this secret recipe?!” He confessed a friend of theirs, Zory made it recently and he had to try it for himself and let’s just say he PERFECTED it! Way to go Mr., lucky us and thank you, Zory for making this!
Try this and make it for your friends!
- thick sliced bacon (he likes the Costco brand)
- brown sugar
- wooden bbq skewers
- Coat bacon with brown sugar on both sides.
- Weave bacon onto wood skewer.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Refridgerate for a few hours, up to over night.
- Heat your grill, oven or smoker to 275°
- Spray grill grate or wire rack with nonstick spray.
- Place bacon on grate and close lid/oven door.
- Cook/ Smoke for 1 hour until sugar has carmelized and bacon is cooked & crispy.
- Serve warm or at room temp.
Could you also just bake Mister’s bacon recipe in the oven? I do a similar delish bacon… each slice is dipped in maple syrup, and then baked in the oven.
You definitely could!
You could make this low carb by using monk fruit brown sugar, I bet!!!