There is nothing like fresh peaches in the summertime! I had a few peaches left from The Peach Truck and decided to have some fun with them and make pop tarts! I winged this recipe and OH WOW. YUM. Pair with Salted Caramel ice cream from Jeni’s and they are a TOTAL DREAM. Enjoy!
- 6 peaches, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cubed butter
- Pinch of salt
- Puff pastry sheets
- Turbinado sugar
- 1 egg for wash
- Optional: Jeni's Salted Caramel Ice Cream to top
- Flour surface and roll out puff pastry. Cut into 8 squares.
- In a bowl combine sliced peaches, cubed butter, sugar and salt
- Place 4 squares of puff pastry on parchment paper on a baking tray. Fill with peach mixture.
- Top with remaining squares and seal edges with a fork. Cut slits in the tops to vent.
- Brush with an egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar for crunch.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, then drop to 350 degrees for additional 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with Jeni's Salted Caramel Ice Cream!