- 1 Rotisserie Chicken (or 4-5 cups of cooked chicken)
- 1 14 oz Can of Cream of Chicken
- 2 c ups of sour cream
- 1 TB of Worshire sauce
- 1 TB of poppyseed
- 2 sleeves of Ritz Crackers (crushed)
- 4 TB of butter (melted)
- 4 cups of cooked white rice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350
- 2. Layer your 9X13 casserole dish with cooked rice
- 3. In one large mixing bowl, combine chicken, sour cream, cream of chicken and worshiper sauce. Mix until mixed well.
- 4. Pour mixture and spread across the top of the cooked rice.
- 5. In a separated dish combine ritz crackers, poppyseeds and melted butter- fluff with fork to mix well.
- 6. Layer your ritz crackers mixture on top of the chicken to make a crust.
- 7. Bake in oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown
I lost twin babies at my 20 th week of pregnancy 28 years ago and someone brought me this casserole. It was the only thing I wanted to eat and I’ve since made it many times for friends going through a hard time. It’s the ultimate comfort food. Thanks for reminding me!
OH Kathy, I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad this was a little reminder of comfort. Love you. Mean it.
This recipe has been in my family for as long as I can remember! Always a favorite!
Is this 4 cups uncooked or cooked rice?
Would this freeze well? Thinking of making a double batch for a friend going through Cancer treatment. Thanks!!
Yes it would! Just wait to add the crust until right before you bake it. Best of luck to your sweet friend.