Here is the spice we used from Spiceology – we LOVED IT. Use code LANDYN10 to get 10% off!
- 1 Whole Chicken (around 6lbs)
- Olive Oil
- Favorite seasoning (We use the Spiceology Pink Peppercorn Lemon Thyme All-Purpose Rub)
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 Lemon
- 1lb of brussel sprouts halved
- 1 Medium white onion sliced
- 1 Medium leek sliced
- 6 Carrots chopped
- 2 Lemons Sliced
- Preheat your oven to 425
- Make sure you clean your chicken well on the outside and the inside
- Give your chicken a good rub down with olive oil and your favorite seasoning (we used from Pink Peppercorn Lemon Thyme All-Purpose Rub from Spiceology)
- Take your lemon and quarter it, squeeze the lemon into the inside of the chicken and then stuff the chicken with the remaining lemon
- Place your chicken on a cookie sheet (make sure it has a good lip on it)
- Put into your oven for an hour and a half OR until it reached the internal temperature of 165
- While your chicken is in the oven, in a separate bowl, toss your vegetables with olive oil, salt + pepper
- Halfway through cooking your chicken, add your vegetable mixture and then let it cook the remainder of the time
- When it is finished cooking, wrap it tightly with aluminum foil and let it sit for about 15 minutes!
ALL THE COOKWARE
Hi Landyn! When you say clean your chicken on the inside and outside, does that mean just rinse it really well? Also when adding the veggies, do you lay them around the chicken or inside? Thanks!!
Yes, inside and outside – make sure you rinse it well. Yes, add the veggies around the chicken – you want to make sure that you have a good pan with a lip, that way it holds the veggies and all of the juices!
On your stories did you use fennel too? I have never taken the plunge to cook with fennel but was intrigued!
Yes! I mixed in a little fennel around the vegetables!