If you happened to be in Atlanta at AmericasMart last month I was part of a very fun event called Shop The Show, where I joined three of my fellow stylish friends: House Seven Design, Monika Hibbs and Sugar and Cloth. Each one of us had a special event on one of the main stages, for me it was a cooking demo in one of the cooks kitchens. Let me tell you what a blast and such a great crowd showed up to see me whip up two of my favorite summer entertaining recipes. One was this yummy Rosemary Margarita, paired with the most delicious appetizer, my Goat Cheese + Pistachio + Honey dish. It’s sure to WOW your guest. Together they are the perfect pair. Go ahead and put these in your back pocket when it comes to entertaining next time. You will not be disappointed.
- 4 tbs honey
- 4 tbs turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tbs kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons rosemary simple syrup (step-by-step below)
- 1 lemon- juice
- 2 limes- juice + garnish
- 3 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz grand mariner
- 3 fresh rosemary for recipe + garnish
- crushed or cubes Ice
- club soda or lime LaCroix
- Rosemary simple syrup // combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water in a sauce pan bring water a boil.
- Turn off the heat and add 2-3 rosemary sprigs and let set for an hour.
- To rim your glasses: add honey to a plate.
- On another plate put mixture of turbinado sugar and salt.
- Dip the rim of your glass into honey and then the sugar/salt mixture.
- add 2 tbs of simple syrup you made above.
- Add juice of lemon and juice of lime, tequila, grand mariner, rosemary spring and ice cubes into a shaker.
- Shake well.
- Add ice to your glasses, divide mixture between two glasses.
- Top with LaCroix and garnish with lime slices and a fresh rosemary spring.