- 1 pkg pork sausage
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups crusty bread, cubed and toasted
- 1- 14oz bag Pepperidge Farm stuffing cubes
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary
- cracked pepper + salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2. Evenly spread cubed crusty bread and rosemary on a sheet pan and toast in oven until lightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- 3. In a medium skillet, cook sausage. After it’s cooked transfer into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- 5. In the same skillet melt butter. Add celery, onion and sage and sautee until tender.
- 6. Add stuffing cubes and toasted bread to sausage bowl. Add sauteed celery, onion and butter. Mix well.
- 7. Add beaten egg, chicken stock, and poultry seasoning. Combine all together.
- 8. Spoon into a greased 2 qt baking dish.
- 9. Cover and bake for 45 minutes, uncovering after 35 minutes.
Thank you 🙏 you saved my meal. Literally panicked when it wasn’t on your site anymore!
My dad makes his similar to this but puts olives in it.( he says the olives make Puerto Rican stuffing 🤷♀️)We all fight over it every year.
this sounds yummy but have you ever made this omitting the sausage? We’re not big “meat in our dressing” people.
I have not, but I don’t see why it still wouldn’t be good! – give it a shot!
ok….I’ll report back! 😉
Is there a certain”crusty bread” that you use in particular?
just something from the bakery. Like a sourdough or ciabatta
Is this a recipe you can prepare the night before and bake the next day? 🙂 Thank you!
Yes! You should be able to!
Thank you! I got put in charge of stuffing for the first time – excited to try this recipe! 🙂
girl, make two batches, everyone will be asking for seconds!
Can you make this ahead?
Yes you can! Before you add it back into the oven, I would add a little more chicken stock.
What kind of sausage.. breakfast?
I add jalapeños for a spicy touch!
Thank you for sharing! I have to make stuffing for the first time ever….ahhh! One question, seasoned or unseasoned stuffing cubes?
Seasoned ! YAY! It’s so yummy.
We make ours with 1/2 sausage, 1/2 ground beef
Think this would be just as good in “stuffin’ muffin” form?