I am back with another quick and easy weeknight meal. This is a great one for those of you with kids who might not necessarily jump for joy at the thought of vegetables in their diet. This works so well for them because the vegetables are coated in creamy, cheesy deliciousness. Take that you picky eaters! This meal is also a great one to make ahead of time and then just put it in the fridge until you are ready to pop it in the oven. As you guys saw on my insta-stories yesterday, I absolutely love these kinds of meals because afternoons and evenings are typically such busy times in our house. It works much better for me to assemble everything while the kids are in school and then just throw it in the oven in between pick-up and drop-offs. Genius!
- 8 oz of Creamy Swiss Light Laughing Cow Cheese wedges
- 1 14 oz can of artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 10 oz of fresh leafy spinach
- 6 oz light cream cheese
- Dash of onion powder
- Dash of garlic powder
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low fat milk
- Drain artichoke hearts and chop set aside.
- Sauté spinach with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, about five minutes. Set aside.
- Cream together cheese and cream cheese. Add garlic powder, onion powder and red pepper flakes. Add chopped artichoke hearts and sautéed spinach. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Pound your chicken breast flat. I like to put a piece of saran wrap over top of the chicken breasts and go to town with the back of a metal spoon. Helps with the chicken meat splatter. Ha!
- After pounding out chicken breast, salt-and-pepper the insides and scoop a spoonful of the spinach artichoke mixture onto the centers of chicken breast. Folding one side of the chicken breast on top of the other, securing with two wooden toothpicks. Place stuffed chicken breast in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- Add 1 cup of milk to the remaining spinach artichoke mixture and stir well. It will become soupy. Carefully pour soupy spinach artichoke mixture around chicken breast in baking dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake in a 275° oven for 2 hours. Up the heat to 400°. Remove foil, move to top rack and let cook another 8 mins, alowing tops to be lightly golden.
- Take out of the oven and let set up at least 5 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice, pasta or delicious alone.
This is genius, and am going to make this weekend 🙂