Shea, our incredible Social Media Coordinator shared this yummy Banana Bread Recipe – can you even?! Yes, it is as delicious as it looks 🙌🏼 This is what Shea had to say about her recipe: My best friend from college & I always loved baking banana bread in our little apartment! It was super easy and always the best way to make use of those mushy, brown bananas we PROMISED we would eat before they went bad. Honestly, I think we started buying the bananas for the sole purpose of letting them go bad so we could find ourselves in the kitchen at 10pm on a Thursday, baking banana bread + laughing at nothing. Seriously, this recipe is a banana bread GAME CHANGER! It’s super easy to make and a fun dish to bring your neighbors on rainy day. Hope you love it as much as I do!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth.
- Finally, fold in the sour cream, walnuts and bananas.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
I made this twice and it is amazing! I have never had a better banana bread! I am thinking to make it again this week! 🙂
Delicious! I will mash my bananas a little next time I make this (which might be in an hour, since I’ve already eaten 1/4 of the loaf!). Really, this is the best banana bread I’ve tasted!