- 6 Cornish hens
- 3 cups of cooked wild rice (we used Uncle Ben's boxed rice- follow package directions)
- 3 tbs olive oil
- Spiceology Turkey Rub
- baking twine
- Precook wild rice (or your favorite type) and set aside to cool slightly.
- Prepare Cornish hens (thaw if frozen) by making sure body cavity is clear of neck and/or giblets.
- Stuff each hen with approx. 1/2 cup of the cooked rice and tie legs together with twin to keep rice from spilling out while handling.
- Lightly rub each hen with olive oil and then sprinkle on Spiceology Turkey Rub liberally to cover.
- Place hens on a preheated grill setup for indirect grilling that is between 375-400°
- Hens should take roughly 1-1 1/2 hrs and should be removed when nice and golden brown AND a thermometer reads 165° when placed into the thigh near the bone.
- (Poultry stuffed with rice is safe as long as you make sure it is cooked to proper temperature.)