Can you say YUM? This is why I love Keto–you can be creative and eat sweets! My kind of healthy lifestyle. This recipe is courtesy of the amazing Suzanne Ryan of Keto Karma. She has a new cookbook called Beyond Simply Keto and has graciously offered to share recipes from it with us for the next month!
Let’s be honest, we’ve all sneaked little bites of cookie dough while making cookies because it’s so tasty! This recipe tastes just like chocolate chip cookie dough, but is safe to eat and keto-friendly because there are no raw eggs or sugar.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons Swerve brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup stevia-sweetened dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the butter and sweeteners until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and salt and beat until incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the almond flour until well mixed.
- Fold in ½ cup of the chocolate chips, then place the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. While the dough is chilling, line a tray or plate(s) that will fit in your refrigerator or freezer with parchment paper.
- Roll the chilled cookie dough into 18 equal-sized balls, about 2 inches in diameter, and place on the lined tray. Place the tray in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. The colder the dough balls are, the easier they are to work with.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the coconut oil and remaining ½ cup of chocolate chips in 30-second increments, stirring after each round of heating, until smooth.
- Using a fork, dip the chilled cookie dough balls in the melted chocolate mixture, then put back on the lined tray. Place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened. Store the balls in the refrigerator until ready to serve; they’ll keep for up to 3 weeks.