Tis the season for cozy sweaters, cool nights and lots of entertaining. I wanted to share one that’s easy to throw together, but makes you look like a rockstar. I mean, look how pretty it turns out. This recipe is like apple cider for adults. It combines all the seasons favorite flavors: cinnamon, orange, cranberry, pear, cloves and star anise. It’s like fall in a cup. Mulled wine is one of many things you can do with this collection of wintery flavors from Spicelology and it’s all part of their newest holiday essentials that launched today! You already know my love affair with Spiceology, so you know I was so excited to get my hands on this awesome gift pack to experiment with. And this won’t be the last from this collection. You can expect a few other recipes in the weeks to come using their newest spices. Including a turkey brine, pumpkin spice and more. This 4 pack makes the perfect hostess gift, if I do say so myself and we can all thank my hubby, Steve for finding this gem of a company a while back. Check them out if you love to cook or love someone that does. And of course my LANDYN10 code for 10% off always works on anything from Spiceology.com
- 1 750ml bottle Red wine (one you’d enjoy drinking alone)
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 1 large orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup Spiceology Mulling Spice
- cheese cloth + twine
- In a medium saucepan or dutch oven combine wine, cider, honey and whisk together.
- Bring liquids to a simmer on low.
- Double fold cheese cloth and cut into a large square.
- Add a 1/4 cup mulled spices to center, grab four corners and tie up using bakers twine.
- Knot tightly and add to pot.
- Slice fruit and add cinnamon sticks and cranberries.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with more fruit.