When I am sitting around the pool or having a little get together with the girls, I like to make sure I have some good snacks and maybe even a light meal or two so when we are drinking our margs…you..we have a little something to snack on (you girls get me). These veggie black bean tacos are the best for this. They are not heavy, because who wants to eat a heavy meal while sporting a swimsuit? Am I right? I make this and serve them with some chips and guac or salsa, and the party continues on..
- Red Pepper Chopped
- Green Pepper Chopped
- Half White Onion Diced
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 1 Green Zuchinni
- 1 Cob of Corn
- 1 Can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Pack of Soft Flour Tortillas (Small)
- Queso Fresco Cheese
- Take the corn off the cob then drizzle it with olive oil on parchment paper, then roast on 400 in the oven.
- Crumble your Queso Fresco.
- Sautee veggies with whatever type of seasonings you like (garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne if you like spicy). .
- Then add your black beans to the sautéed veggies and cook together until tender.
- Roast corn while you sautee your veggies.
- Put tortillas down on a cookie sheet.
- Add veggies on the tortillas, then add your roasted corn to the top of the veggies and top it off with the crumbled cheese and seasoning of your choice.
- Toast the entire cookie sheet with tacos in the oven on 350 for 5 minutes.