I know chili seems very winter-y, but this one is my exception…it has that freshness with the lime juice, and is just so good! And I mean who doesn’t love Mexican food? That is me. Like give me ALL the Mexican food. Plus, it is an easy and quick meal with your crockpot…prepare in the morning, then leave for work, get home, and boom, dinner is served. And even though it is spring and the days are a little warmer, the nights are still cool so this is the perfect meal for those chilly nights.
I hope this one makes it into as heavy of a rotation at your house, as it is at mine. Let me know what you think!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 small yellow zucchini, diced
- 32 oz Pacific Foods Low Sodium chicken broth
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken tenderloins, or 4 boneless skinless breast
- 1 can northern beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 carton (12oz) Pacific Foods Organic Cream of Chicken Soup
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon cumin, or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes, optional. I like it spicy ?
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sour cream
- Tortilla strips
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Pepper jack cheese
- Sliced avocado
- Diced jalapeno
- Place removable cast aluminum insert from your crockpot to the stove top.
- Heat on medium, add olive oil.
- Sauté onion + poblano + jalapeno peppers until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped zucchini.
- Add chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, spices and fresh lime juice. Stir well.
- Drain and rinse beans under cold water, then add to crockpot.
- Add chicken tenderloins whole. You’ll shred at the end of cooking.
- Set your slow cooker to LOW setting. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Before serving, shred chicken while in crockpot. Use two forks to do so.
- Serve with suggested toppings above.
Is there an option to print the recipe?
Sounds good but where is that towel from?
Where is the towel from?